Advanced concurrancy

Paul Rubin http
Fri Jul 29 05:08:37 EDT 2005

Peter Tillotson <none at no.chance> writes:
> I have come across twisted and used in async code. What i'm really
> looking for is something that provides concurrency based on CSP or pi
> calculus. Or something that looks much more like Java's JSR 166 which
> is now integrated in Tiger.

Python doesn't have anything that fancy.  You could look at:
  pyro.sf.net  - Python remote objects using sockets
  poshmodule.sf.net - objects shared between processes using shared memory
  Queue module - synchronized queues for interthread communications
     in one process

It would be nice if there were something like Queue that used MPI.
Underneath there could be either sockets, shared memory, some special
multiprocessor interconnect, or whatever.