Wheel-reinvention with Python (was: Ten Essential Development Practices)

Jeremy Moles jeremy at emperorlinux.com
Fri Jul 29 13:30:42 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 14:19 -0300, Jorge Godoy wrote:
> Jeremy Moles wrote:
>
> > Four?
> >
> > 1. wx
> > 2. PyGTK
> > 3. Tk (Are you including this one even?)
> > 4. ???
>
> PyQt / PyKDE.

Ah! Can't believe I forgot that one! :)

> > Of the few I can think of, only one would qualify as great. :)
>
> The fourth one? ;-)

Hehe. :) I was going to say PyGTK... but in all honesty I'm just a GTK
fanboy who hasn't really even TRIED anything else. I remember
experimenting a few years back with compiled Qt apps in C/C++, but the
whole notion of a MOC just scared me--not that I knew enough back then
to really label it as "a bad thing", nor do I now. :)