trying to access Oracle

Patrick Thorstenson pthorstenson at co.montezuma.co.us
Wed Jul 27 12:45:39 EDT 2005

I am trying to access Oracle using the cx_Oracle module. I can login to
Oracle OK, but I am at a loss as to how I should then access the
specific table I need so that I can join it to our county parcel layer
using the "make table view" tool. I have scoured the internet looking
for any examples and have found little that makes sense (to me). Can
anyone help? The table I need is called ASR.TEMP_OWNERSHIP. The
password, username, and TNS is all "asr".
I'm not quite to the point where I can think for myself and improvise
with python.

# Import system modules
import cx_Oracle, win32com.client

# Create the Geoprocessor object
gp = win32com.client.Dispatch("esriGeoprocessing.GpDispatch.1")

connection = cx_Oracle.connect("asr", "asr", "asr")

# Local variables...                                             ###HERE
IS WHERE I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO###

..below is the path to temp_ownership..
ASR_JOIN = (connection, "Database
Connections\\ASR_Temp_GIS.odc\\ASR.TEMP_OWNERSHIPGIS")

gp.MakeTableView_management (ASR_JOIN)

Patrick Thorstenson
pthorstenson at co.montezuma.co.us