trying to access Oracle

Albert Leibbrandt albert at compuscan.co.za
Thu Jul 28 02:57:36 EDT 2005

>> I am trying to access Oracle using the cx_Oracle module. I can login to
Oracle OK, but I >> am at a loss as to how I should then access the specific
table I need so that I can join it to >> our county parcel layer using the
"make table view" tool. I have scoured the internet looking >> for any
examples and have found little that makes sense (to me). Can anyone help?
The >> table I need is called ASR.TEMP_OWNERSHIP. The password, username,
and TNS is all >> "asr".

>> I'm not quite to the point where I can think for myself and improvise
with python.

Import cx_Oracle

conn = cx_Oracle.connect('username','password','tns')

cursor = conn.cursor()

cursor.execute("whatever you feel like executing")

Hope it helps

cheers

Albert