No subject

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Jul 1 05:32:33 EDT 2005

"Adriaan Renting" <renting at astron.nl> writes:

> I'm not a very experienced Python programmer yet, so I might be
> mistaken, but there are a few things that would make me prefer C++ over
> Python for large (over 500.000 LOC) projects.
> - namespaces
> - templates
> - strong type checking
> - data hiding
> - more available libraries and more advanced developement tools.
>
> I'm talking about managing the code, not the programmers, the project or
> schedules or what have you. Those are independent from the chosen
> programming language.

Just a single datapoint: Implementing a trivial COM object in Python
requires, let's guess, about 10 or 20 lines of source code.

When I do the same in MSVC6, the wizard creates 10 files, with nearly
400 lines of code.  Sure, I didn't have to write these code lines, but
I'm required to understand and manage them as well.

Thomas