Lots of pdf files

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Fri Jul 22 04:43:08 EDT 2005

[Duncan]
> a mere $29.90, except it is GPL'd so I'm not sure what the money is for

"Tech support [...] free forever for registered users."

But I've often wondered whether you could charge for mass-market GPL software
simply because your ordinary punter doesn't know what the GPL is, and doesn't
mind paying a small amount of money for decent software.  Whether it's
ethical, given that presumably the thing is GPL because it inherits GPL code
from other developers, I don't know.  Certainly the GPL itself has no
objection to charging for binaries provided you ship the source as well.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com