How do I make Windows Application with Python ?

Pato Olivares patolivares at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 20:28:35 EST 2005

BOOGIEMAN wrote:
> Well, I programmed a little in MS Visual Studio 2003, and there you
have
> Console apllication and Windows application (among others). Windows
one is
> with buttons and other gadgets. So, I want to make applications that
> doesn't open console to display result, I want to display it into the
> message box. Also, I want to use that application on the computers
where
> Python isn't installed

Well, in Python you can code "Windows Applications":
see WxPython, AnyGUI, PyGTK, etc.

There'is at least one RAD if you don't want to code the gui yourself
(Boa Constructor).

See http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/GuiProgramming.

And about using your applications where Python is not installed,
look at http://www.python.org/moin/Py2Exe

--

Pato./