Help on project, anyone?

Captain Dondo yan at NsOeSiPnAeMr.com
Tue Jan 25 10:09:27 EST 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:11:32 +0100, Georg Brandl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> to train my Python skills I am looking for some project I can contribute
> to. I learned Python about one year ago, and had already some
> programming background behind (I contributed to SharpDevelop for
> instance), so I'm not the complete newbie.
>
> About myself: I'm a 20 year old German with strong interests in
> programming and, of course, especially in Python (I love it...).
>
> Does anyone run, or participate in, a project looking for fellow
> programmers? I don't have a special area of interest, well, perhaps web
> programming...
>
> Thanks,
> Georg

Well, if you want to help, I've got a project that has been a python
learning experience for me, and it has *lots* of potential ( read: very
poor code and implementation ;-) ).

Basically, it has to do with managing and playing movies on a computer,
automatically moving them from recent arrivals to archives, keeping track
of how many times each has been played, etc.  I'd like to implement a
simple text-based record for each movie to set up the brightness, volume,
etc.

I also need to write a back end that will generate web pages for the web
interface; something along the lines of album
<http://marginalhacks.com/Hacks/album/> but the author is taking album in
a direction that won't work for me anymore.

Email me if interested.

Remvoe the obvious from my email, and include this
kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq anywhere in your email to get through my
spam filters.

--Yan