Help on project, anyone?

Christophe Cavalaria chris.cavalaria at free.fr
Tue Jan 25 15:00:30 EST 2005

Fuzzyman wrote:

> Miki Tebeka wrote:
>> Hello Fuzzyman,
>>
>> > 3) Simple Version Control program for single programmer. A very
> simple
>> > way of doing version control/releases for small projects with only
>> > single programmer. [3]
>> Subversion (and CVS) are dead simple to install and use.
>
> I've heard *lots* of people say exactly the opposite.

Let's see :

# First we prepare the local cvs storage :
mkdir ~/cvsroot
export CVSROOT=~/cvsroot
cvs init

# Now we import the existing source code in the cvs "server"
cd path/to/project/to/import
cvs import ModuleName VendorName START
cd ~
cvs co ModuleName

And voila, the folder ModuleName is ready for a local cvs usage : cvs
update, commit etc... You only need to do once the mkdir ~/cvsroot and the
cvs init but don't forget to specify the CVSROOT each time you need to do a
cvs import or a cvs checkout.