The next Xah-lee post contest

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 09:37:09 EST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:05:55 +0530, Steve <lonetwin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>       For sometime now, I have just been a passive lurker on this
> list. Of late I saw an increase in the number of posts by Xah Lee, and
> I have to admit, what he lacks in understanding of the various
> programming languages he talks about, he makes up for in creativity.
> So, I was wondering, how would it be to be Mr Lee. That got me
> thinking of his next post. Well, I know through my days of lurking
> around, a lot of people here love creative challenges ...so here's one
> for you. Write up the next Xah Lee post ! The requirement are:
> a) The post should talk about a single language, although the example
> code needn't adhere to that restriction.
> b) It should explain the style, structure and design of some code
> snippet/program, though not necessarily of the same code
> snippet/program mentioned in the post.
> c) Should be written in English ... respect to English grammar is not mandatory.
> d) It *must* be flammable.

If you need to do more research for the posting style, I recommend the
following links:

http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/Static/author/authorProfile.asp?searchfor=xah%40xahlee.org
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=%22Xah+Lee%22

Interesting to note that xah posted as far back as '02 asking for help
with python, as he was porting perl web applications. Which leads me
to conclude he is not a beginner being stupid, but somone who has been
around long enough to know better.

Stephen.