[perl-python] 20050115, for statement

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Sat Jan 15 10:24:46 EST 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:54:28 +0000, Michael Hoffman wrote:

> Xah Lee wrote:
>
>> © a = range(1,51)
>> © for x in a:
>> ©      if x % 2 == 0:
>> © 	print x, 'even'
>
> Now he's mixing tabs and spaces. Hideous.
>
> Are you doing things wrong on purpose?

I think the most exciting thing is the breath-taking pace he has chosen. I
mean, wow, we've been going for what, five days now and we're up to for
loops? Woo!

So far, even for his stated purpose, he's at negative value vs. just
reading even the simplest tutorials for the languages. The value in
Perl<->Python documentation is to help with idiom translation, syntax is
truly trivial. At the rate he's going, he'll get out of Negative Value and
start entering Colossal Waste Of Time in about a month.

So good on you, Xah Lee. The world needs more people producing things of
negative value and posting them everywhere they can. Wouldn't want The
Masses (TM) to find the good resources, learn, and subsequently compete
with people who know things already.

(Hell, five days into Python and some people are already producing working
Backgammon games (I think that was the post last week), and Xah Lee here
is still on for loops! Woo! Go Xah!)