distutils linux script installation broken?

Christopher De Vries devries at idolstarastronomer.com
Wed Jan 12 10:34:19 EST 2005

I've got python 2.3.3, 2.4, and 1.5.2 (which came preinstalled) on my
linux box. It's redhat 7.2 (I know... I would upgrade, but it would
void my service contract, so I just install things in /usr/local). You
can check if PYTHONHOME or PYTHONPATH are set, which may somehow be
interfering. I don't have those variables set. If they are set, you
could try running:

python -E setup.py install

The -E option should make python ignore those environment variables.
Good luck, I hope this helps.

Chris