how to stop google from messing Python code

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jan 14 12:05:31 EST 2005

"Fuzzyman" <fuzzyman at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1105704548.146263.229220 at f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

> Xah Lee wrote:
>> gmane is great!

> I guess that most people use google to post to newsgroups is that they
> don't have nntp access.

Anyone with a normal internet connection has nntp access.  What some do not
get from their ISP is 'free' access to a full newsite, and they may not
feel like paying extra $$ to one when they can get free access to
non-binary groups via Google that is better in regards to retention and
search, Google just happens to not work well for posting Python code.  What
most of those people may not know is that there is free access to a
restricted news site (gmane) which mirrors a large number of mailing lists,
one of which is the Python mailing list, which mirrors the Python
newsgroup.  So I help them by giving them this  information.  Xah Lee used
the information I shared, as have many other people, and even, in effect,
thanked me for doing so.  Gmane also gives a Pythoneer easy access to about
50 specialized Python-related mailing lists (and 1000s not related to
Python).

> Telling htem to use a newsreader is facetious  and unhelpful.

Telling someone to stop sharing sharing useful information is nasty and
unhelpful.  You owe me an apology.

Terry J. Reedy