how to stop google from messing Python code

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 07:09:08 EST 2005

Xah Lee wrote:
> gmane is great! its renaming of newsgroups is quite a headache.
> i found that comp.lang.python corresponds to
gmane.comp.python.general.
> do you know which one corresponds to comp.lang.perl.misc?
> there's no .misc or .general...
>
> --
> i thought there a strick like preceding a line by -- or something
that
> prevents google from reformating the post.
> Xah
>  xah at xahlee.org
>  http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/more.html

I guess that most people use google to post to newsgroups is that they
don't have nntp access. Telling htem to use a newsreader is facetious
and unhelpful.

Google strips leading whitespace. Putting *anything* before indentation
stops the formatting getting messed up. It doesn't stop long lines
being wrapped of course.
Regards,

Fuzzy