python without OO

Peter Maas peter at somewhere.com
Thu Jan 27 05:27:40 EST 2005

michele.simionato at gmail.com schrieb:
> Davor is right: even if
> you do not want to use it, the stuff is *there* and somebody in your
> team will. So definitely there is an audience of programmers that just
> do not have an use for all the sophistication and actually are
> penalized by it.

No, because Python does not enforce using advanced concepts. You
can write programs that are as simple as in 1991. A group of developers
always has to find some kind of common style with a chance that some
are penalized. This can happen with every language.

> There is not much than can be done at the Python level. But I would
> see with interest a Python spinoff geared towards simplicity.

I think this would be useless because advanced concepts exist for
a reason. A simplified spin-off would aquire advanced concepts
over time and would just become a clone of Python.