What's so funny? WAS Re: rotor replacement

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Tue Jan 25 04:22:04 EST 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> <phr at localhost.localdomain> wrote:
>

>>The likely-best-known Python application in the world (probably more
>>people have heard of it than have heard of Python) originally had
>>crypto
>

> and what Python application is that?  I can think of quite a few applications
> written in Python that are widely known, but none of these are distributed as
> Python code to end users.

BitTorrent, probably.

I believe that a very high percentage of users get the BitTorrent apps
as standalone executables, not as a Python package where one has to go
download Python first. The ones that do get it as Python source probably
get it from their Linux/FreeBSD/other distribution where such
dependencies are also taken care of for them.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter