What's so funny? WAS Re: rotor replacement

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 06:06:39 EST 2005

I also feel the lack of a standard cryptography module in the core...
even a *basic* one. At least rotor provided that, before it was
deprecated. I (along with many other python users) write CGIs where the
only extension modules that I can use are either pure python, or ones
my web hoster is willing to install. Luckily my hoster will install
modules without too much fuss - others aren't so lucky. Cryptography is
a pretty 'standard' requirement these days.. and IMHO ought to be in
the 'standard library'.

Without commenting (or reading properly) on this exchange... it does
seem that many of '<F>'s contributions have been very bad tempered
recently. Hmmm.....
Regards,

Fuzzy