Integration with java (Jpype vs. JPE)

Irmen de Jong irmen at -nospam-remove-this-xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 18 13:36:41 EST 2005

Joachim Boomberschloss wrote:

> Option iii would also enable writing independent
> packages in Python and Java, but its glue layer will
> be distributed between Python and Java using Jython
> and Pyro (I chose Pyro because it works in both
> CPython and Jython, and can be used to communicate
> between them).

Please note that currently it is not possible to use Pyro
as a server in Jython. Only as a client.

Also; last time I checked there were some bugs in the Jython
compiler that were triggered by Pyro's code (parts of it
would give a compile error).

See http://www.razorvine.net/python/PyroAndJython

--Irmen