Python evolution: Unease

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 6 07:11:22 EST 2005

Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
> Couldn't a better document-writing interface be implemented?

Such as:
http://www.python.org/moin/Documentation

Or AMK's annotatable docs:
http://pydoc.amk.ca/frame.html

Something like that?

> The docs are great, but it took me some time to find them out after
> searching inside Python docs. This is not a minor issue IMHO.

Actually, this is a fair point - I work on isolated machines a lot (i.e. no net
access), which means I can't get to any of these handy things.

It would be nice if at least some of these things could be bundled with the
CPython interpreter and linked to from the main documentation (rather than from
the sidebar menu on the webpage).

Cheers,
Nick.