Reaching the real world

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 09:55:40 EST 2005

I have a friend who would like to move and program lights and other
electric/electro-mechanical devices by computer. I would like to help -
and needless to say Python would be an ideal language for the
'programmers interface'.

What I'd like is an electronic interface that connects to several
relays and a python extension module to switch on and off the relays.
I've had a quick google and can't see anything too similar to what I
want. pyro (python robotics) seems to require expensive (relatively)
robotic equipment.

Does anyone know anything *similar* to what I have in mind, or have
alternative suggestions ?
Regards,

Fuzzy