is python more popular than coldfusion?

beliavsky at aol.com beliavsky at aol.com
Wed Jan 5 09:03:20 EST 2005

>is python more popular than coldfusion?

>I realsie that is a very general question as one thing does not
directly
>relate to the other. My issue is that I am ditching coldfusion due to
>there being next to no work for it, and I am thinking of taking on
>python as a second language to java in the hope of improving my
resume.

For your specific purpose of learning a language to get a job, I
suggest visiting the site http://mshiltonj.com/sm/categories/languages/
, where it appears that Python is mentioned about as often as Fortran
or Ada in job listings at dice.com . Apart from Java, two languages in
demand are C++ and Visual Basic. C++ may be easier to learn along with
Java since the syntax is similar, but VB is a very easy language to
learn and use.