Possibly OT: Controlling winamp with Python

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 15:52:18 EST 2005

Hi Brent,

Brent W. Hughes wrote:
> The Python program won't decide whether a commercial is playing, I will.  At
> that point, I will run my program which will press mute, wait 20 seconds,
> and then press mute again.
>
> Actually, I could leave the program running but minimized to the task bar.
> When I hear the advertisement, I just click on the program in the task bar.
> It knows what to do from there.
You don't need python for this. You can use auto-it to achieve the same
thing. You can download it at:
http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/

It is easy to program and it works nicely. There is also some similar
thing for python. Perhaps a litle bit more complicated (I haven't
tested it):

WATSUP - Windows Application Test System Using Python
http://www.tizmoi.net/watsup/intro.html

Regards,
Josef