Possibly OT: Controlling winamp with Python

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Fri Feb 4 19:13:19 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:10:10 -0700, rumours say that "Brent W. Hughes"
<brent.hughes at comcast.net> might have written:

>I'm running Windows XP and I'm using winamp to listen to internet radio
>stations.  Occasionally, an annoying commercial will come on.  I would like
>to write a Python program that, when run, will, in essence, push on winamp's
>mute button.  Then, after say 20 seconds, it will push the mute button again
>to restore the sound.  Is such a thing possible?

Search the winamp plugin pages for WinAmpCom, which allows you to control winamp
through COM (if you can't find it, let me know by email, I'll send it to you).
Much less hassle than my initial attempts to control it with SendMessage and
PostMessage etc.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.