Advice on OSX cocoa app with Python backend

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 2 14:32:47 EST 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:12:15 -0500, Socheat Sou
<socheat-news at iomanip.com> wrote:
> the RDBMS, but some have suggested looking into OODBMS, like PostgreSQL,
> but from what I know of OODBMS they don't seem like the right fit for
> this project.

Calling PostGres an OODBMS might be stretching it a wee bit, but
it does have some OO features certainly. However if you are
simply using the DB as persistence in the server and for
reporting then an RDBMS should be fine and the technology is well
understood.

Alan G.
Author of the Learn to Program website