An Ode To My Two Loves

Jorgen Grahn jgrahn-nntq at algonet.se
Sun Feb 6 13:06:41 EST 2005

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:33:47 -0500, Jamey Cribbs <jcribbs at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> At the risk of calling my manhood into question,
> Under the influence of some kind of strange force and will probably be
> embarrassed when he snaps out of it,

You shouldn't be -- I don't think I've seen anyone talk much about this
before, at least not from this angle.

It's something that worries me frequently -- I feel guilty when I introduce
Python into ("force Python upon") an organization. Because I hate having
/other/ people's favorite toy languages forced down /my/ throat ...

I also notice I forget one language after doing another for a few weeks. And
it's not just brackets and semicolons -- I also try to use one language's
idioms in the other. People who /claim/ they have no trouble switching
languages seem to have the same problem.

I refuse to think that Using One Language For Everything is the
solution. But I cannot explain it rationally.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn@       Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/                algonet.se>   R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!