An Ode To My Two Loves

Peter Maas peter at somewhere.com
Tue Feb 8 03:54:22 EST 2005

Jorgen Grahn schrieb:
> It's something that worries me frequently -- I feel guilty when I introduce
> Python into ("force Python upon") an organization. Because I hate having
> /other/ people's favorite toy languages forced down /my/ throat ...

The solution is a multi language glue layer. Software interfaces are
defined in a  language independent way so that they can be used by
many  languages.I wonder why COM is so dominant on Windows and most
Unixish systems don't use CORBA (with GNOME as an exception).
Microsoft's .net takes this one step further by defining a multi
language implementation layer.

I hope these ideas will become more influential in Unix like systems
as well just to stop this resource wasting source code issue.