Help needed for to build a CGI shell interface.

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 05:55:07 EST 2005

Tim Roberts wrote:
> Slalomsk8er <news at slalomsk8er.ch> wrote:
> >
> >What do I want to do? I am building an admintool (deamon and client)
and
> >for this I need to script a interface to the shell, with the console

> >ansi escape sequences, whitch is fully transparent for the user.
>
> Do you honestly plan to expose a command shell via CGI?  Can you
think of a
> better way to allow hackers to wreak havoc on your system?

CGI is not a very good way of doing this - although I did implement a
*very* basic version that is on the Python Cookbook. The python
interpreter closes after executing a CGI... You could setup a long
running process on teh server that communicates with the CGI every time
it opens. I don't use Lunix systems myself... so I don't know how to
tell the client shell to communicate via the CGI

Regards,

Fuzzy