- E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Stephen Kellett snail at objmedia.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 13:52:21 EST 2005

In message <guLnmSj92OECFw0L at objmedia.demon.co.uk>, Stephen Kellett
<snail at objmedia.demon.co.uk> writes
>Studio Express (downloadable from the Microsoft's website). This DLL is
>(to my understanding) part of Visual Studio 7.1 and Visual Studio
>Express.

My mistake. Visual Studio Express is going to be part of Version 8
(2005) and thus the DLLs there will be msvcr80.dll

That said, I still stand by my licensing comments.

Distributable files overview.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/h
tml/vcconalistofredistributablefiles.asp

V7.0/V7.1 specific redistribution instructions.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326922
Title: INFO: Redistribution of the Shared C Runtime Component in Visual
         C++ .NET
Article ID      :       326922
Last Review     :       March 25, 2004
Revision        :       1.0