[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 20 18:12:19 EST 2005

Martin v. Löwis:

> So I have to guess what you could have meant. If you want
> to be understood, you might have phrased the question like
> this:
>
> "Should I take answers from people which do not respect coherence
> of writings serious?"

   The main grammatical problem with the question is the use of an adjective
("serious") rather than an adverb ("seriously") to modify the verb "take".

Should I take answers seriously?

   I'd also add in an article to point to the particular answers to be
disregarded.

Should I take these answers seriously?

   Next problem is the disagreement in number between "answers" and "answer"
which breaks the connection just as separating the questions does.

Answers from people which do not respect coherence of writings?

   There are more problems to fix but this is a start. Grammatical errors
are often perceived as rudeness.

> Perhaps the question was meant rhetoric.

   Aghhh! He's got you doing it too.

   Neil -- Aussie ear for the foreign guy