[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Feb 20 12:38:05 EST 2005

Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> Should I take answers serious?
>
> .

> Answer from people which do not respect coherence of writings?
>
> -
> -
> -
>
> I still detect the coherence.
>
> As most people in this group will detect the coherence.

I don't. The second fragment is not even correct English
(it does not have a verb in the main phrase, and Answer
is lacking an article).
So I have to guess what you could have meant. If you want
to be understood, you might have phrased the question like
this:

"Should I take answers from people which do not respect coherence
of writings serious?"

Or, if this splits the adjective too much from the verb, you
could also write

"Should I take answers serious if they come from people which
do not respect coherence of writings?"

This *still* would not have meant that I had understood the
question, since I still don't know what coherence of
writings is (as you failed to give a definition when I
last asked), but atleast I would have realized that I
don't understand the question, and refrained from answering
it. Perhaps the question was meant rhetoric.

Regards,
Martin