[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Stephen Kellett snail at objmedia.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 09:58:17 EST 2005

In message <mailman.2530.1108387404.22381.python-list at python.org>, Simon
Brunning <simon.brunning at gmail.com> writes
>On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:12:57 +0100, bruno modulix <onurb at xiludom.gro> wrote:
>>
>> Why do you hate Perl and Ruby community that much ?
>
>Oh, I don't. But fair's fair - we've carried our share of the burden, surely?

He is already badgering the Ruby guys. Without about as much success as
this newsgroup. When he doesn't get what he wants a post along the lines
of

        "XXXX lang is only suited to small projects and not real world
        industrial projects"
or
        "the community doesn't care"
will appear.

Its quite incredible - in the time he has spent complaining he could
have done his own research and written some useful tools. I know how
long it took me to write my first major C++ app that interfaced with
Python and Ruby. It was less time than he has spent complaining - and
that included rebuilding Python/Ruby, inspecting the source for what I
needed and performing many experiments before I succeeded.

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett
Object Media Limited    http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk