[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Mon Feb 14 13:08:04 EST 2005

In article <37bkemF5a7s7vU1 at individual.net>,
Diez B. Roggisch <deetsNOSPAM at web.de> wrote:
>> One of the most funny things within open-source is that switching:
>>
>> first:
>> "we have powerfull solutions which beat this and that"
>>
>> then:
>> "hey, this is just volunteer work"
>>

>I don't see the contradiction here. It beats a great deal of commercial
>solutions in a lot of ways. But not on every single one of these. And the
>_reason_ for beating commercial software in certain aspects is exactly that
>somebody stood up and volunteered. Obviously you aren't interested in the
>more labour-intensive parts of the os-development.
>

>> But if those answers above were of official nature, I must seriously
>> rethink if I can rely on _any_ system which is based on python, as the
>> foundation and the community do not care about essential needs and
>> requirements.
>
>They might not care about _your_ perceived essential needs. But as lots of
>people use python and python based solutions with great commercial success,
>you might think of reviewing your needs more critical. After all, there is
>no _perfect_ system for all needs.
			.
			.
			.
Me, too.  On the off-chance that a naive passerby is misled by
parts of this thread, I'll point out that ... well, if the
alternative to Python, say, is commercial products which are to
be judged on how much they "care about essential needs and
requirements" of *users* ...

Nope, 'can't do it.  I can't finish that sentence with a straight
face.