Crashing Python interpreter! (windows XP, python2.3.4, 2.3.5rc1, 2.4.0)

Stefan Behnel stefan.behnel-n05pAM at web.de
Wed Feb 2 09:58:31 EST 2005

Leeuw van der, Tim schrieb:
> I'm using the following combination of software:
> - Pydev Eclipse plugin (pydev 0.8.5)
> - eclipse 3.0.1
> - windows XP SP1
> - pygtk 2.4.1
> - GTK 2.6.1 (for windows32 native)

First of all, try tightening the field. Are all of these packages needed to
reproduce the error? Try to start the interpreter in a command line window and
see if it happens there, too. That eliminates Eclipse.

> When trying to get a list of possible completions for the 'gtk' import object, the python interpreter crashes. Happens with all versions listed in the subject: python 2.3.4, 2.3.5rc1, 2.4.0.

Might be a problem with GTK for Windows, I don't know.

Type
import gtk
Does that crash? Or is it something like
dir(gtk)

Try different versions of GTK and pygtk. Look at the pygtk homepage to see
which combination is known to work.

Stefan