Crashing Python interpreter! (windows XP, python2.3.4, 2.3.5rc1, 2.4.0)

Leeuw van der, Tim tim.leeuwvander at nl.unisys.com
Wed Feb 2 09:28:38 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm using the following combination of software:
- Pydev Eclipse plugin (pydev 0.8.5)
- eclipse 3.0.1
- windows XP SP1
- pygtk 2.4.1
- GTK 2.6.1 (for windows32 native)

When trying to get a list of possible completions for the 'gtk' import object, the python interpreter crashes. Happens with all versions listed in the subject: python 2.3.4, 2.3.5rc1, 2.4.0.

I understand that this isn't a useful report (yet) for anyone to look into the problem, but I'd please like to get any hints on how to get more useful crashdumps etc. to help debugging this.

cheers,

--Tim