IPython colors in windows

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 02:09:34 EST 2005

Ashot wrote:

> I am using IPython in windows and the LightBG setting doesn't correctly
> because the background of the text is black even if the console background
> is white.  Anyone know whats going on?  Thanks.

It's quite possible that it's a bug in the UNC readline implementation proper.
How do you set the background to white?  Is this something that can be done for
the normal winxp terminal, or do you use a different terminal emulator?

I'd like to have more detailed info before I contact the readline author.  He's
done a great job of providing ANSI-compliant color escape handling for the
piece of junk which MS ships as a terminal, but it's quite possible that he may
have missed something for the case of light backgrounds.

Regards,

f (ipython author)