[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Mon Feb 21 10:38:19 EST 2005

Nick Vargish wrote:
> Ilias Lazaridis <ilias at lazaridis.com> writes:
>
>> Now it's really time to close this thread.
>
> I suspect this will fall of deaf ears, but I have to mention that you
>  do not get to "close threads" on Usenet.

this is obvious.

> You can excuse yourself from this one and stop replying to comments,
> but you don't get to unilaterally declare a discussion over.
[...]

The discussion is over.

At least the in-topic one.

Everything else is babbling, hairsplitting, playing an AI which does not
understand writings and all this unproductive garbage.

The Essence is this one, as stated before:

"
Summarized Suggestions for the Python Team, PSF, Community):

-
-
-

An automated-build-process-system should allow community-members to add
their targets (e.g. MinGW) into an special "incubation section", which
does not in any way affect the "main section" (which contains the
official production targets, e.g. MSVC).

If an "incubation section" target proves over time as stable and
supported (by community contributions), it is moved to the
"official-auto-build".

-

The python-team should
  * detect any efforts made within the community to support different
build-targets
  * attract/engourage the authors/teams to include the patches/sources
into the main build-system
  * attract/engourage the authors/teams to have open projects with an
collaboration infrastructure.

-

The python-community and the PSF should support the python-team to
fulfill the above tasks, thus the python-teams effort is limited to
provide the infrastructure (incubation-build-targets).

-
-
-

Practical example:

Engourage the current pyMinGW project to become a open collaborative
project:

http://jove.prohosting.com/iwave/ipython/pyMinGW.html

   * as a first step, setup a pyMinGW mailinglist
     * intrested people can come together an communicate
   * as a second step, setup an SVN
     * intrested projects could get your patch via SVN
   * as a third step, find intrested contributors
     * which would help testing
     * which would help you with coding

The python-team setups a build-target, which the collaborative pyMinGW
project tries to make valid.

-
-
-

Now it's really time to close this thread.

.
"

.

--