New to unix/python. How to install

Bobby Owens bobby.owens at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 6 16:42:22 EST 2005

Hi,

Please excuse what is probably a completely newbie question, but my
situation is as follows.

I'm a windows/.NET developer but have now been asked to take over part
of the project which is written in python and runs on Unix.

I've muddled through the python code and figured out parts of it. I've
now installed Sun Solaris 10 on a VM ware installation successfully
and can muddle thorough the basics of the o/s. I cant figure out how
to install python. From looking online I've found what I think I need:

- python-2.3.3-sol9-intel-local
- libgcc-3.3-sol10-intel-local

I know the python looks like from only v9 of solaris but it was within
a sol10 package I found online.

>From what I understand, I need the "libgcc" to compile the python
intstall. I cant figure out how to install them both however. Could
any kind souls please lend a hand. It would be much appreciated.

Either post here or pm me.

Regards

Bobby
bobby.owens at ntlworld.com