[EVALUATION] - E01: The Java Failure - May Python Helps?

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Sun Feb 6 09:34:05 EST 2005

> "Ilias Lazaridis" <ilias at lazaridis.com> wrote in message
[...]
>>I want to add metadata to everything within my design (functions, data,
>>classes, ...), if possible with a standard way.
[...]
>>I want to generate things (code, txt, html etc.) out of my object-model,
>> whilst using with a flexible generator, if possible a standard one.

Example: ArcheTypes, autogeneration of forms and pages

"The creation of a new Type using Archetypes involves a main text file
(python) that defines the fields and other objects within your type,
their properties, and their behavior. Archetypes uses this information
to auto generate on demand all forms and pages needed to add, edit, and
view your types data. When you have written this file, you then have a
product that you would install just like any other CMF/Plone product."

source: http://plone.org/documentation/archetypes/

-

Archetype is defined within a python file.

Does this include  metadata?

If yes: in a standard way (e.g. usable in other developments, too)?

Archetypes uses a generator.

Is this a standard generator (thus I don't have to learn/use another one
in another context)?

.

--
http://lazaridis.com