Big development in the GUI realm

Cappy2112 cappy2112 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 19:59:34 EST 2005

Damjan wrote:
> > For all you GUI developers, things just got a little more
interesting.
> > Trolltech will soon be offering the QT GUI toolkit for Windows
under
> > the GPL license.  That means that PyQt may become a much more
popular
> > option in the near future.
>
> This  applies to QT-4 only.
> I wonder how much of PyQT is ready for QT4?
>
> Anyway its time for a PyQT based VB-killer [ a GPL one :) ].

> Anyway its time for a PyQT based VB-killer [ a GPL one :) ].
I aggree, and for now, it's Eric3, AND it can be compiled & run under
windows, without Cygwin.

Ok, it's not exactly a VB-Killer, but it's the closest thing for now.

VB has it's drawbacks, but can you image the how much more acceptance
python would get, if we had *more* a VB-like designer, for multiple GUI
toolkits, no less?