THREAD_STACK_SIZE and python performance?

Stein Morten Sandbech stein at ife.no
Fri Feb 11 07:29:53 EST 2005

Hi,

I've been googling for any info on the (possible)
effects on python and python applications with
varying values on the THREAD_STACK_SIZE
with respect to performance etc.

The default 0x20000 is way to low when running
a Zope 2.7.4 and Plone 2.0.5 site.

The FreeBSD patch, setting the value to 0x100000
seems to be enough for most of our zope servers,
however, I've noticed that we get an occasional
server death even with this value. This is on normal
load, but handling many and large CMS operations
in zope/plone.

So, any thoughts on even larger thread stacks?

On beforehand, thank you

Stein M. Sandbech

--sms