(no subject)

Dan Smyth das69 at et.byu.edu
Fri Feb 4 13:08:06 EST 2005

Hey,

I'm trying to compile a version of Python on an SGI machine that is running IRIX 6.5.  When I run the configure option for version 2.4 I get this error:

configure: WARNING: stropts.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: stropts.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: stropts.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: stropts.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: stropts.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: stropts.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the python lists.  ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------- ##

and when I run the configure option for version 2.3.4 I get this same error plus this additional one:

configure: WARNING: stropts.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: stropts.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: stropts.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf at gnu.org. ##

Do you know what is happening here?  Thanks.

Dan Smyth
Brigham Young University

Dan Gaidin -- Tai Shar Phoenix
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"