- E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Feb 14 14:01:01 EST 2005

"Pat"wrote:

> I thought I was being as clear and specific as I needed to be.
> Apparently not.  I'm talking about compiling the original source code

the python source or the extension source?

    > The bottom line is that compiling C extension modules

would indicate the latter.  setup.py handles that just fine, if you have the
right tools.  no pain at all.

> Now, if you know something I don't, I'm all ears.  But I don't see how
> your suggestion solves my problem.

if your problem is compiling C extension modules, I suggest getting a
good compiler.  I've done that, and compiling C extension modules is
no problem at all.

if your problem is that you don't want to use a good compiler, or that
your company cannot afford to buy you a compiler, or you have other
reasons to chose the "pain in the ass" way over the "it just works" way,
I'm afraid I cannot help you.  my time's too precious to waste on inferior
tools.

</F>