Python in EDA

vsapre80 at gmail.com vsapre80 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 18:43:43 EST 2005

Hi,

I am new to Python and coming from the EDA/VLSI Design background.

I wanted to know if there are some active projects going on EDA modules
written in Python.

Usually, use of scripting tools in VLSI Design is on a per-project
basis and rarely reaches the level of a general framework, mostly due
to extensibility and speed performance limitations. That Python
overcomes atleat one of them...may be a good reason to look at Python
based EDA.

I was interested in knowing if such efforts are on. Apart from that
also any input on EDA softwares using Python will be useful.

regards,
Vishal