variable declaration

Alexander Alexander_Zatvornitskiy at p131.f3.n5025.z2.fidonet.org
Sat Feb 5 05:31:37 EST 2005

Привет Peter!

31 января 2005 в 09:09, Peter Otten в своем письме к All писал:
 PO> pychecker may help you find misspelled variable names. You have to
 PO> move the code into a function, though:

 PO> $ cat epsilon.py
...skipped...
 PO> $ pychecker epsilon.py
 PO> epsilon.py:6: Local variable (epselon) not used

Well, I can change it a little to pass this check. Just add "print epselon"
line.

I think if as soon as I will make such error, I will write special checker. It
will take code like this:

def loop():
    #var S,epsilon
    epsilon=0
    S=0
    while epsilon<10:
        S=S+epsilon
        epselon=epsilon+1
        print S

Such checker will say "error:epselon is not declared!" if I will use something
not declared. If everything is ok, it will call pychecker. Simple and tasty,
isn't it?
Of cource, it may be difficult to handle fields of classes:
MyClass.epsElon=MyClass.epsilon+1
but it is solvable, I think. What do you think, is it a good idea?

Alexander, zatv at bk.ru