- E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Mon Feb 14 06:24:47 EST 2005

Michael Hoffman wrote:
> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>
>> [REQUOTE]
> Oh, I can play that game too:
>
>>> [REQUOTE]
>>> Identify what needs to be done and create a patch, and it will be
>>> accepted if it is a good patch.

"
c) Why are the following efforts not _directly_ included in the python
source code base?

http://jove.prohosting.com/iwave/ipython/pyMinGW.html
"

> MinGW patches have been accepted before.

ok

I extract the answer to c)

"MinGW pathces have been accepted before, thus the efforts should be
simply sent in form of patches to the python crew, which will most
possibly accept them, as they are neccessary to compile python under the
popular MinGW compiler"

> Start submitting yours.

I don't have

> As
> you point out, there is stuff on the web that means you will escape the
> bulk of the work. But not all of the work.

If the Python Foundation detects the importancy, _every_ user will
escape the 'bulk of the work', as it should be for a serious development.

There is no need that everyone runs in the same traps, due to some
missing organization in the core-project.

> Since you are intent on whining rather than doing the work I'm
> ignoring this thread now. Good luck.

Thank you for your answers and your time.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com