- E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Peter Maas peter at somewhere.com
Wed Feb 23 08:19:38 EST 2005

Fredrik Lundh schrieb:
>     +00: googled for the mingw home page
>     +00: found the mingw download page
>     +02: finally figured out what to download
>     +03: noticed that my usual SF site only offered 1K/s; aborted download
>     +07: finished downloading the mingw kit from another SF site
>     +17: finished installing
>     +18: added \mingw\bin to the path
>     +18: typed "python setup.py install --compiler=mingw32"
>     +18: got a linker error; googled for help
>     +19: copied python24.dll to \mingw\lib
>     +20: finished building the sample library (cElementTree); all tests pass

Impressive. How did you record the minutes? ;) I'd like to know wether
this is a single observation or true for most if not all your MinGW
builds?

I used Borland's C++ Compiler (free and commercial) and had frequently
to tweak .def files and the source to make it work. I also had to
transform the python dll with COFF2OMF because the library interfaces
of python.dll and the Borland binaries were different.

If your MinGW experience described above is typical then I'll get a
stop watch and give it a try ;)