wxPython OGL future

PD albaalu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 00:19:54 EST 2005

Hi Peter,

I did look at the code, and did run several examples on it. It _is_
pretty well organized and easy to read through, and youre right, I
think i might be able to add missing functionality if need be.

I don't think I want that much out of it necessarily. I just feel
really weird writing new software with deprecated libraries. By the
time Im done with my project, I have to put all these disclaimers on
how the new versions of wxWidgets might not work. The thing I am really
concerened about is if wxPython decides to drop OGL because it is
deprecated... anyhow thats my 2 cents.

I actually saw several other discussions on OGL and think its such a
shame its been abandoned. It seems like a lot of people are interested
in having this kind of functionality present in the library. Who
knows... maybe if i decide to use it and get good at it, I should do my
share and contribute something back to the open-source community :)

Thank you,
Pouya