PyQt and Python 2.4 - also WinXP LnF?

Simon John simoninusa2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 23:47:38 EST 2005

Yeah I had a look at the Qt Free/Win project, but I think it offers me
less than the current official 3.12 from BlackAdder, which is only $80
without the hassle of following those convoluted build instructions (I
did try yesterday).

As far as XMMS/Gtk goes, it's a remote client for XMMS, designed to be
run across a network, so it doesn't really matter about using the same
toolkit. Plus all the problems with XMMS seem to lie with Gtk1
(whenever it crashes, the errors always come from Gtk!)

I was looking at the Gtk2 fork XMMS2, which seems to provide network
control like the InetCtrl plugin for XMMS1, but I'm still not keen on
Gtk as it looks so weird outside of Linux.