[perl-python] string pattern matching

Daniel Fackrell unlearned at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 21:36:35 EST 2005

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
"Erik Max Francis" <max at alcyone.com> wrote in message
news:fbydnQJ8DNSthJ3fRVn-pw at speakeasy.net...
> Dan Perl wrote:
>
> > Perhaps someone will write a program to automatically follow up on every
> > [perl-python] posting?  The follow-up could just contain a statement
like
> > the one Daniel mentions.  Obviously the program would be written in
python.
> > ;-)
>
> I'm not really sure that such a disclaimer is explicitly necessary.
> Anyone looking at Xah Lee's posts will also see the threads they
> generate, which involve people pointing out all their errors.  Granted
> this won't happen with every single post, but since he's posting this
> stuff once a day, I don't think the chances of someone finding his posts
> and not seeing the related discussion and refutations is a big risk.
>
> For the rest of us, we can just killfile the threads easily enough.

It seems to me that application of one of these solutions reduces the
effectiveness of the other.  If enough persons killfile the threads, who
warns the newbies?  And so those who don't killfile the threads to ensure
that somebody is still guarding against misleading information to newbies
continue dealing with it manually.

Daniel Fackrell