variable declaration

Caleb Hattingh caleb1 at telkomsa.net
Tue Feb 8 23:55:28 EST 2005

Jeff

I fully agree.  As I stated in a message to alexander, it is quick and
easy even to write a simple project-specific tool for checking that only
allowed variable names exist in all the project files.

Compared to having to work with tons of effectively useless variable
declarations forever (perhaps even only in other peoples code who decided
to use the "option"), it is not much to ask (I work in pascal a lot - I
know all about tons and tons of declarations).

thx
Caleb